sleep biorythmns of unemployed bf

Hi, I' d like to know how to get my unemployed boyfriend' s sleep patterns back to normal so that he can start being productive during the day. Basically, he sleeps in the lounge in front of the tv, which he leaves on. He only gets to sleep around 4am, and wakes up late in the afternoon when he stays in front of the tv, not getting much exercise at all. I understand he' s a bit depressed, but I need to break this vicious cycle. Any advise please!

Expert ImageSleep Expert

He is going to want to change, first of all. He needs to establish regular sleep patterns, with sunlight exposure in the morning to help regulate his sleep cycle. If he is depressed, you should speak to your GP about giving him an antidepressant. He needs activities - exercise is one, but he also needs to be doing something productive, so that he will want to get out of bed.