Question
Posted by: Jaguar | 2008/10/12

Sleep Apnoea

Dear Cyberdoc
I believe that I suffer from Sleep Apnoea. Also, I am told that there is some sort of machine/contraption for sleep apnoea that is available, but which medical aid does not cover.
1. Please tell me more about this machine, including prices
2. Is there any way in which I can obtain this machine, or some other kind of relief?
Thanks and regards,
Jaguar

Dear Jaguar

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Firstly, you will have to have this diagnosis confirmed by having a sleep apnoea test done. There are a multitude of reasons for sleep apnoea and some of them can be treated with surgery and medication. I therefore, suggest that you consult your GP for a full examination.

Visit the following link regarding sleep apnoea and the continuous positive airway pressure device you are referring to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_apnoea

Kind regards