Question
Posted by: Janine | 2010-10-21

Sleep and 1yr and 10 month old child

Good day

I need advice. My daugther is a very difficult sleeper and she wakes alot at night. Doctor prescribed melatonin which knocks her out almost immediatly from taking it, however she still wakes at night with terrors, crying.

Please let me know if there is some else that I can use that is potent enough to knock her out all night.

Please I am in need of some sleep.

Janine

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Medications are not the answer at this age. Their use may even carry a risk of side-effects. Generally speaking, behavioural treatment works rapidly and well.

You should see your pediatrician, and discuss this with him. I am sure he will be able to guide you in the right direction.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010-10-21

Reply to Sleep expert