Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/18

sleep

I can only sleep for 3 to 4 hours before I start waking up constantly with extreme dry mouth. I have had a septoplasmy but I still seem to breathe through my mouth. I am convinced the dry mouth syndrome is the problem. How to fix?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Physiologically one breathes through the nose during sleep. If you are mouth-breathing, it may be that you are obstructing you airways in your sleep. Discuss the possibility of your having sleep apnoea with your ENT - he may want to refer you to a sleep laboratory for a test to see if this is the case.