Question
Posted by: Elma | 2009/04/28

SLE and Epilepsy

I have been diagnosed with SLE for two years. Three days ago i collapsed and according to witnesses, i had a fit. Is there any connection between SLE, what tests need to be done for proper diagnosis and what treatment. I am very worried about this, because i had no prior warning that a fit was coming on and it can be very dangerous. PLEASE HELP

Hallo Elma
You can get convulsions (epilepsy) if you have SLE as it can affect the brain. You need evaluation by a neurologist and probably a brainscan. If you are treated by a rheumatologist/physician, they may want to put you on immunosuppressive treatment for a while to prevent a recurrence