Posted by: Anel | 2009-06-22

Skull - sore to touch

2 reasons why I have not consulted a physician. 1. Because the query relates to my skull, they would not be able to see anything anyway, and 2. The fear of being told I am imagining it or am a hypochondriac.
The problem: My skull is sore to touch in various places. sometimes more than one place at a time but usually atleast in one spot. I considered that it might be sleep/hair related but it remains the same irrespective of what bed or pillow i sleep on. The pain and areas increase if i drink alcohol or take medication.
What type of doctor should i go see? Can i request a scan of some sort?

Hallo Anel
My guess is that you have fibrositis of the skull - the muscles of the neck and upper back plant in at the bottom of the skull and if you have tension in the jaw or neck muscles you can develop very painful tender points on the skull - usually in the temple area or at the back of the head. Seeing a physiotherapist may be useful, with using anti-inflammatory medication. If the physio evaluates you and thinks that the problem is not muscle related you can see your GP for a referral to a neurologist if needed.