Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/15

Skipping the red tablets &  periods on the pill

I have been on Triphasil for many years with no problems. Recently my gynae told me I can skip the red (inactive) pills every second month, thus skipping my period. She said as long as it is only every second month and not every month, it is completely fine, and will not do any damage to my body and should not cause spotting. I would just like a 2nd opinion on this please?

Triphasil often does result in spotting if you skip the inactive pills, because each week of pills has a differnt dose of hormones. You could try and see what effects there are for you.