Question
Posted by: Tanya | 2012/10/22

Skipping the Red Pills to prolong my period

I wonder if you could assist.
I am 31 years old and have been on Nordette pill for almost a month.
I am still on the Yellow pills (still have 3 yellow ones to go before I reach the Red ones)

I have heard that I can prolong the start of my period by skipping the Red pills and going straight onto the yellow pills from my new pack. Is this true as I am going away on holiday with my Boyfriend and would like to prolong my period.
Also, if I skip the red pills and go straight onto the yellow ones from the New pack, am I protected against pregnancy?

I appreciate your assistance.

If you skip the red pills you will have your next period when you get to the next set of red pills. You would be protected from pregnancy.

1