Question
Posted by: Reena | 2011/03/23

Skipping my period for the first time on Nordette

I have been on Nordette for almost 3 weeks so therefor I have already taken 20 of the 21 yellow (active tablets)
I am almost at the red tablets... Should I skip the 7 red tablets and then move to a new pack of Nordette and start with the yellow ones again.

Will this guarantee that I don''t get my period in the next few days?
Also, I am new to Nordette, when I finish the 21 yellow tablets, dies my period automatically start when I start the red Nordette tablets?

Skipping the inactive pills should result ina skipped period. Geneally your period should some time while you are taking the red pills.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/09/27

I take Nordette. I have never skipped my period before but as for the second question "does my period automatically start when I start the red pills":The red pills are sugar pills so basically it normally takes your body a few days to realize you're not getting home noes anymore. I normally start my period on the third red pill and end on the second last or last red pill. Hope that helps. Also, skipping your period isn't a good idea if you decide to do it regularly. One in a while is fine but generally allow your body to have a period min every 3 months or your whole hormones system will go crazy. PMS on another level basically.