Question
Posted by: Des | 2010-04-05

Skipping Heart Beat

My heart skips a beat about every 70 to 90 seconds and I experience a flutter in my chest. I am training to get a marathon qualifier for the 2010 comrades Maritzburg to Durban down run. Am I endangering my health or am I being paranoid? I also don''t fall asleep easily. I take iron tablets to help my breathing.

Des

It is important to consult your doctor for an ECG to evaluate your heart, as it is possible that you are experiencing arrythmia of the heart. There are a multitude of reasons for this condition and it will have to be investigated.