Question
Posted by: kirana | 2009-07-01

skipped period

i have been on oratane 30mg for the past 2 months and last month i skipped my period. I' m a little concerned because iv never skipped it before.is this because of the medication im on?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Because it is SO important not to fall pregnant while on this medication, I suggest having a pregnancy test done to rule this out. Contact your doctor ASAP.

1
Posted by: Pink | 2009-07-01

From the Oratane website:

What Are the Other Side Effects?

Most patients will not experience the side effects listed in this section, these side effects are not very common.

There have been reports of people taking Oratane finding that their joints and muscles feel tender and stiff. This can be a problem if you are intending to do a lot of heavy exercise while taking Oratane. It is a good idea to discuss this with your dermatologist.

Other serious but rarely experienced side effects of Oratane include skin infections, peeling of the palms and soles of the feet, bleeding and inflammation of the gums, headaches, blurred vision, dizziness, weight loss, diarrhoea and an abnormal menstrual cycle. Thinning of the hair may also occur  this is more common in men. You should immediately tell your dermatologist if you feel that the medication is making you unhappy or depressed.

It is important to remember that the side effects seen with Oratane treatment are reversible. They should disappear soon after you have stopped taking Oratane.

The only side effect that is not reversible is the birth defects that can be caused if you become pregnant while taking Oratane. There is detailed information about how and why you MUST prevent pregnancy while taking Oratane in the Contraception section of this website.

Reply to Pink