Question
Posted by: Boo | 2008-12-04

skipped beats

Hi there I am doing great slowly getting back to my old self there is one thing that is bothering me alot and I have been reassured about it by doctors I am so embarassed to even keep asking them, I get these skipped beats or extra beats. Before my relapse they never worried me that much but because the panic attack which resulted in my relapse included these skipped beats it worried me as it never happened before in the midst of a panic attack ,last night after a strenous great workout I got home and I got like one which was like a thump I got anxious and my heart started beating fast but then I calmed myself down now I am worried about it can you explain to me why this damn thing occurs it even happens when I am calm and relaxed sometimes I am scared of them but everyone says they are harmless!

Welcome back to your old self, though we're glad to ehar from any of your selves ! Anxiety caues one's heart to beat more rapidly, as does exercise. In fact there would have to be something wrong with your heart if it DIDN'T do this. If the docs have checked that none of the possibly sinister causes of more problematic odd beats are around, relax --- its not going to be serious, and you are suffering far more from worrying about them than you ever could from them themselves