Question
Posted by: Heart | 2010-06-25

Skip of hearbeat?

Hi doc

I occasionally get times where it feels as if my heart comes to a very brief standstill/skips a beat and then it sends a strange feeling up my osoephagus and disappears quickly.

What can the cause of this be? I am under quite severe stress lately.

Thank you.

It is important to consult your doctor to have a heart test done to determine your heart activity. It is possible that the stress you are under, is causing this sensation. Do not be too concerned, as your symptoms can be controlled with the correct medication.

It is imperative to contact your doctor to have the correct tests done.