Question
Posted by: Caz | 2012/05/10

Skinny Snacks Diet

A friend emailed me a diet from a book called Skinny Snacks which includes in my opinion quite a lot of starch, up to 3 slices of bread a day and potato or rice for dinner (amongst other things). There are three snacks and three meals and she swears she lost a lot of weight relatively quickly. Id like your opinion on it if you could please send me your email address I can forward it. Thanks

Dear Caz
For obvious reasons, I cannot correspond with all my Readers via e-mail as I would then not have sufficient time to do my job on Health24.com. You sound surprised that this 'Skinny Snacks' diet contains starch. But so do most low-GI, low-fat diets that produce excellent weight loss and the low-fat, high-fibre diet on this Website also includes plenty of low-GI or high-fibre starches. Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet. To read up on the principles of a low-GI diet, click on 'The Glycaemic Index'. If the 'Skinny Snacks' diet consists of 3 snacks and 3 meals, then the compilers have possibly combined the principles of one of the above mentioned diets with the 6 small meals a day principle which is also know to lead to weightloss. I would suggest that you try the diet if it balanced and contains all the food groups to see if it works for you.

1

Dear Caz