Question

Skinder Stories part 2

Hi CS

Our company isn'  t very big, so consider me the HR dept. And I know for a fact what was said, as I recieved a forwarded mail from someone in the office, and saw it for myself. The other day someone in the office made a comment about how a few years ago, a lady that used to work here, thought I was weird, because of the way I dress??? I let it go, the lady hasn'  t been working here for a good year or two. Then I got this forwarded mail, where another lady, who also used to work here a while back, was saying that I was the weirdest person she knows, and one of my co-workers, a friend of hers and mine, replied with a "  Ha-ha-ha"  . I was so upset, because these people don'  t even know me and they'  re calling me weird. And I don'  t see how it has anything to do with the way I dress?? I wear office clothes (sometimes, my stuff is a little more colourful, as I am still young). So what gets me is what makes me SO WEIRD that people who don'  t even know me, who have never even spoken to me, feel the need to talk about me being weird in their mails???? What'  s so wrong with me??? I thought I was normal.

HI there, HR department ! YOu sound normal enough, its the others who sound like a pathetic bunch of gossipping losers, who obviously don't have enough real work to do, if they waste so much time judging others acording to their own vulgar taste

5
Posted by: Mattheuw | 2010/02/12

Yeah, normal people are mediocre and bland, I also work for a company where people have to dress formal and I hear the woman gossiping about each other. They are probably just jealous ...

Here' s my advice:

" Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you' ve never been hurt and live like it' s heaven on Earth." 

Your not weird, your just different, we all are, but it doesn' t make us weird, it makes us unique ...

Reply to Mattheuw
Posted by: SUEDE | 2010/02/12

Why don' t you tell them they are weird too they will stop calling you by that, when they send you another e-mail about old collegue don' t worry your reply must say oohh I never thought you look like that i' m not the only weird person in this department, or ask them that DID YOU SEE YOURSELF TODAY YOU LOOK WEIRD use the WORD WEIRD TO THEM THEY WILL GET ANGRY AND YOU WILL LAUGH THE HOLE DAY DON' T STRESS YOUR SELF TO PEOPLE WHO DON' T PUT BREAD ON YOUR TABLE.

Reply to SUEDE
Posted by: qwerty | 2010/02/12

In my experience, weird = different, and that' s not always a bad thing! If " normal"  in your office means being like the rest of your colleauges who enjoy gossiping, why would you want to be their definition of normal..?

Seriously, I' ve been called weird many times, and it' s never bugged me because I enjoy being different. Maybe because they DON' T know you well, they' re calling you weird because they don' t really understand you. And ask your mutual friend pleasantly why people seem to think you' re weird? Laugh it off like you find it amusing - and the answer might surprise you.

Reply to qwerty

I know it sounds like a silly thing to get upset over, but it really gets my blood boiling. If someone told me I' m stupid, or I' m fat, or I act like a child, or my pants are too tight, it would be better, but WHAT meaning am I to get from WEIRD?

I am so angry about it, that I' m worried that I might end up fighting with someone over this. And I don' t like fighting, but when I do, the guns come out, and I can' t stop it - I cause more harm than anything else.