Question
Posted by: Me | 2009-06-28

skincare

Hello,
I was using a " clinical"  face care product which seemed to work fine, but use to give me (at least once to twice a month) a big soar red pimple that left a mark on my face.Im now using a product containg AHA which I dont really see any difference.My face seems dry around the eyes (getting a few fine lines). Im in my ealry 30' s. Can you recommed a product that can help with the fine lines but togeher give me a clear luminous skin (I know Im asking for much). Also do anti-wrinkle creams give the clear skin as well or does it just assist with the fine lines?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Me, thank you for the question.

Your best option would be to consult a cosmetic dermatologist or an easthetic medical practitioner who can examine the skin and advise you on the best treatment options (topical regime).
One can expect, with long term use, an overall improvement in fine lines with the use of alphahydroxy acids but in particular glycolic and citric acid. I would also consider adding anti-oxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin E. For a clear luminous skin (texture, pores, and pigmentation) one would need to use ingredients that brighten the skin (can be found in NeoStrata’s Brightening Cream SPF 15 and Pigment Lightening Gel).