Question
Posted by: Ellen | 2010-01-20

skin thinning on arms

is it possible to tighten the arm skin as i noticed my skin is getting a bid thinner and starting to look a bid wrinkled. is there a way of firming them due to some loss of collagen ?
I thank you for ur assistance regards, Ellen

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Ellen, thank you for the question.

It is possible to tighten skin with the technology that is available to us today but within reason so your best option would be to consult a medical aesthetic practitioner or cosmetic dermatologist who can examine the skin and give you the best treatment options.

If you have just noticed the wrinkling or creepy appearance my suggestion would be to consider a good SPF (50 or higher) that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide and remember to apply it several times daily. Furthermore sun avoidance should be practiced as much as possible.

Monthly NeoStrata Glycolic acid peels should be used together with topical products that contain glycolic acid, polyhydroxy acids, vitamin C and A and these ingredients can be found in NeoStrata, Environ, Nimue, etc.

I would also consider fractional technology such as Fraxel, Ultra Pulse, Matrix RF, and Sciton as this will further increase the collagen and elastin production and tighten exiting collagen to further enhance the skin tightening effect that can be achieved.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010-01-25

Hi Ellen, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert