Question
Posted by: Lenie Southey | 2010/03/25

Skin -thin breaks easy

My sister is 59 years old. She does not drink a lot of fluids (I am mentioning this as my skin did the same a while ago.[except that I''m on cortozone] I started drijnking a lot of water)
Her skin seems very thin, breaks for the slightest touch, is there anything we can do about it, please?

Hallo Lenie
As we age, our skin becomes thinner and more delicate. If she is thin, she probably also does not have the superficial fatty layer to protect the skin. Cortisone, sun damage and genetics also play a role in thinning of the skin. There is not much you can do except to be careful not to bump or scratch yourself, wear protective clothing like long sleeves. If she bleeds easily her GP should just check with a blood test if her platelet count and coagulation factor levels are OK. Diet wise she may benefit from omega 3 oils and getting in enough protein (30-60g) per day

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/25

Hallo Lenie

Reply to cyberdoc