Question
Posted by: Pain | 2010/12/21

Skin tag removed, but so much pain

I had a skin tag removed last week Monday. The skin tag was caused by a hemorrhoid removal some 4 years ago. It was not bothering besides the fact that it was irratating me, and I could not clean propertly. I eventually got the guts for it to be removed surgically. All went well until I got home, and I started bleeding uncontrollably. I decided to call the doc, and went back to his rooms. It ended up that one of the veins got hurt and that what caused the uncontrolable bleeding. The doc stitched it up in his rooms under local anethstetic.

Its been a week, and although the bleeding has stopped, the pain is unberable. I dont know if it is the stitches, or if it is part of the healing, but the pain is excruatioting, it feels like someone is putting fire up my butt!!

I have treid various ointments. Remicaine and now Emla, Emla seems to control the pain but only for about half an hour. I am on holiday and not close to my doctor to go back. Is there anything else I can try, how do I know it is not infected? How long should I expect to be in this pain, I want to go on the beach and have a nice holiday, but cant at the moment because of the pain.

Any advice to make it better will be appreciated.

Hallo Pain
Let any local doctor just have a look, as it should not be so painful anymore. It could be infected or you may have developed an anal spasm.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/12/21

Hallo Pain