Question
Posted by: Fiona | 2010-01-16

SKIN SENSITIVITY AFTER WATER CONTACT

SKIN SENSITIVITY
I have an 11 year old son who experiences acute sensitivity to paper and fabric after his daily shower and when he swims. After water contact. My 12 year old nephew has the same problem. My sister (40'  s) tells me she also has this condiition.
I presume it is a physical condition but it borders on mental because they become so anxious about it. What is it called and what are the best methods of treatment please? My son now experiences anxiety about getting dressed in time for school and changing after class swimming when he has to dress and then touch the paper in his workbooks. I just don' t undersand all this??

Fiona

I strongly suggest that you consult a dermatologist to determine if there is a real physical reason for this.