Posted by: Fiona | 2010-01-16

I have an 11 year old son who experiences acute sensitivity to paper and fabric after his daily shower and when he swims. After water contact. My 12 year old nephew has the same problem. My sister (40' s) tells me she also has this condiition.
I presume it is a physical condition but it borders on mental because they become so anxious about it. What is it called and what are the best methods of natural treatment please?

Expert ImageNatural health

it could be due to a decrease of neural integration - an occupational therapist would be able to help in such a case. it helps the body cope with the sensations. You would require a few sessions for the body to return to balance.

Dr Debbie