Question
Posted by: MJ | 2008/08/19

Skin related

Hi there, Since losing weight my skin has stretch marks so bad on the back of my legs that I can' t wear skirts or nice dresses, I' m using tissue oil and do exersise but nothing is happening, I' m a 23yr old black lady my skin tone is caramel' ish it' s so frustrating because I always have to cover even after losing weight. I was wondering if laser treatment might be able to remove the stretchmarks and if so how much is it likely to cost me?

Dear MJ
Stretch marks is caused by tears in the connective tissue of the skin and is actually scar tissue. You have to contact a specialist dermatologist laser clinic near you - cost would depend on the individual clinics. If you let me know in which area you live, I could maybe suggest a clinic to you?

3
Posted by: Christi | 2008/10/09

Good day
I am a 22 year old female, My wait has stayed constant for more than a year. I all off a sudden started getting stretchmarks on my stomach I weighed myself and even saw my doctor. I dont know how to get rid of it. I cannot step out in my bikini this summer. What can i do?

Reply to Christi
Posted by: Dr Bets | 2008/08/20

Dear MJ
Try the laser clinic at Little company of Mary hospital in Groenkloof

Reply to Dr Bets
Posted by: MJ | 2008/08/19

Thanks Dr Bets, I' m in Hatfield, Pretoria

Reply to MJ