Question
Posted by: Sharon | 2013-01-22

Skin Rash

Hi Doc. I have a compromised immune system since the birth of my child 7 years ago - I was 38 when she was born - hence I have plenty of auto-immune type symptoms and problems. I recently had a severe case of food poisoning that lasted in total for about 3 weeks - caused by chicken that was ''off''. I self treated with Apple Cider Vinegar and Activated Charcoal (a life saver!). However, during my recovery, I noticed a small rash developing on the top of one foot - blistery bumps that itched like mad and turn red when scratched. I treated this with various creams, including Cellfood and Cortisone ointments, but the rash has now spread over my entire foot and is starting on the other foot. It almost looks like a contact dermatitis but I''ve had it now for 3+ weeks. Could this be an after effect of the poisoning?

Sharon

It is definately not an after effect of the food poisoning. Rather consult a dermatologist for an examination, diagnosis and treatment. I also suggest that you consult your GP for a stool MC&S. Diarrhoea due to food poisoning should only last for about 24 hours. Your doctor will have to establish if there is another cause for your prolonged diarrhoea.