Posted by: sarah | 2011-01-28

skin rash

It started about a month ago, I thought it was heat rash and it appeared on my inner arms whenever I felt really hot. Now it has spread to my face and behind my ears. A doctor prescribed allergex and prednisone, but its not helping. I even tried avoiding fruit and nuts for 2 days. Rash comes and goes, gets worst in the sun, but also comes at night. Is this scabies, or hives, what can it be? Please help!

A rash is very difficult to diagnose if you are unable to examine the area. If the allergex and prednisone is not working, it is definately not an allergic reaction. Scabies will cause definate burrow marks on the hands between the fingers and toes. Scabies causes an extreme itch, especially at night when you snuggle up under the covers. Hives are a symptom of an alllergic reaction.These marks are well defined raised areas of the skin that is red and very itchy. Hives can come and go.

You really need to consult a dermatologist to have a proper diagnosis made.