Question
Posted by: Mike | 2009-06-22

Skin Range

I' m 24 year old guy with oily skin and need some advice regarding which product to use. I' ve used many products and not really happy with them. Currently during the day i use neostratey oil free lotion with spf15. however this i find also leaves my skin to oily for liking so for the evenings (when i go out to dinners,party etc.) i use OC eights (oil control eight) which i find extremely effective but leaves white (dry?) patches on face and makes my skin bit dull. so i use skin free repairing gel under this to take care of the dry part but still leaves it dull.

so my question is which producs/combination of products can i use out in the evening that prevents the oil but yet is still glowing/radiant? i' ve heard of these light/reflective moisturizers/gels. will this work for me? and if so which do you suggest. a friend of mine uses matis. are you familiar with this range? is it good? it' s got a radiant lifting gel which one uses under the moisterizer. thanks

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Mike, thank you for the question.

There are a number of reasons for an oily skin and the cause should be found before an adequate topical regime can be prescribed. My advice is to consult a dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner who can examine the skin first. Generally speaking an oily skin can be caused by:
Enlarged pores
Washing the face aggressively with scrubs, brushes, granular exfoliants, etc
Acne prone skin
Using excessively topical oily products

I would consider using a gentle face wash twice daily and the NeoStrata Oil Control Gel and if necessary Clear Skin Solution to minimize pores and reduce the oily sheen on the skin. Furthermore you should consider the NeoStrata Glycolic acid peels.

Matis should be fine to use on your skin as long as it is oil free.

1
Posted by: Mik | 2009-06-23

Also expert, i wanted your opinion on toners. i used to use one few years ago but a dermatologist told me its actually bad for the skin and just dries it out more. is this true for all toners or only alcohol based ones? you suggest i use one or not? if so, which do u suggest? thanks again

Reply to Mik