Question
Posted by: concerned | 2009/11/23

skin products

Hello,
I came across this product: pure perfect.
it apparently lightens your skin by 2 or 3 shades. it claims that it does not contain hydroquinone or mercury.
I am still concerned as it decreases melanin production and I am not certain if that is good or bad for your skin and your body. Below are the list of ingredients. please let me know if it is safe to use.
Aqua (Water), Butylene Glycol, Squalane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Kojic Acid Dipalmitate, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black/Tea Ferment, Arbutin, Propylene Glycol, Diacetyl Boldine, Dimethylmethoxy Chromanyl Palmitate, Caesalpinia Spinosa Oligosaccharides, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool, CI 17200 (Red 33)

Dear Concerned
The carboxaldehyde can be irritating to the skin and even cause black marks on the skin due to inflammation - it is very risky to buy an over the counter treatment to lighten your skin. Rather discuss with a dermatologist and get a prescription medication if needed

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/24

Dear Concerned

Reply to cyberdoc