Question
Posted by: Annie | 2010/08/02

SKin problem (scalp)

Hi there doc,
My husband has got what I think some sort of eczema on his scalp in winter it''s worse than in summer and usually when his hair is growing just a little longer he normally shave his haid a number 2 you can see that it''s actually worse now, it has spread to behind his ears and also inside the ear not the canal only the ear itself. It''s not dandruff we have tried each and every product on the market that is for dandruff but it did not help and also if he scratches his head and the skin peels off you can see that the skin looks red and sore after that. The hairdresser gave him something for his scalp but it''s not helping, what could it be and is there something I can get over the counter that we can try before going to a dermatologist maybe someone else has also experience it.
Thanks.

Hallo Annie
It may be psoriasis or seborrhaic dermatitis and he may need a cortisone scalp lotion for this. Please discuss with your GP or see a dermatologist as he will need a prescription.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/03

Hallo Annie
dr Bets