Question
Posted by: SESHEGO | 2012-08-02

SKIN PRO

i am irritated by oily skin,i tried lot of things but not worked

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Seshego, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as ideally one would like to examine the skin and take an adequate history (especially your skin regime) before deciding on the best treatment approach.

Typically, oily skin is caused by the following factors:
1. Enlarged pores or increased number of pores producing excessive sebum (natural oil produced by the skin)
2. Skin regime: excessive rubbing/washing or granular exfoliation can change the natural skin balance causing increased oil production
3. Hormonal changes
4. Genetic factors
Following from this the treatment will depend on the cause to a large extent:
1. Enlarged pores: topical products that contain alphahydroxy acids (such as glycolic acid) accompanied by regular glycolic acid peels (every 4 to 6 weeks)
2. Skin regime: gentle twice daily washing with warm water and avoiding all e3xfoliating type products
3. Hormonal changes: best to see your family doctor
4. Genetic factors: treatment approach similar to points 1 & 2

Ultimately, your best choice is to consult with a dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner who can examine the skin and advise you on the best treatment approach.

2
Posted by: Copet | 2012-10-22

1-wash face with acne cream, then with lime or lemon juice(I have lime juice at the moment)2-putting egg whetis on for 10-15 minuets3-putting a mix of mix 3 tablespoons of honey with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon on as a spot treatment, and washing off in the morning4-in the morning, rubbing fresh garlic on pimples5-using cleanser again7-putting ice on pimples that do not have a head yetWashing and dabbing acne with cotton balls that have been soaked in vinegar in morning or nightusing a face mask made of oats and waterusing sugar to scrub face when I wash my face, at least once a dayusing a baking soda-water mix to rub into face gently for 10-15 seconds then removing and patting dry with a clean clothgiving myself a weekly facial by mixing a yolk of an egg with two tablespoons of milk and half a tablespoon of honey. Apply this on your face and leave it on for about fifteen minutes. Then wash with lukewarm water. If you''re out in the sun a lot, milk mixed with melted butter helps soften the dry skin.and using lemon juice(when we get some) to reduce freckles.I only want to know if using this many things(and I wouldn''t do all of them, I just haven''t decided which to use yet) will be harmful to my skin, or will back fire. Thxand heard that toothpaste helps, if left on a pimple over night?

Reply to Copet
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012-08-02

Hi Seshego, thank you for the question.

3. Hormonal changes
4. Genetic factors

Reply to anti-ageing expert