Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2009-08-25

skin pigmentation

Hi, I have skin pigmentation around my neck which is common from pregnancy. Is there a cream I can buy off the shelf that would even out the skin colour? I am very aware of it to a point where I try and hide with polo necks or high cut blouses. Summer is coming and I would really want to be able to wear low neck blouses. tks.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Cindy, thank you for the question.

Hormonally induced pigmentation can be difficult to treat and may require skin rejuvenation technology if one does not get enough of an improvement from topical products. My suggestion is to try NeoStrata’s Ultra Smoothing Cream, Renewal Cream, Brightening Cream SPF 15 (during the day), and Pigment Lightening Gel (at night).

2
Posted by: Whinlen Petersen | 2009-09-30

Ladies, I' ve tried lots of things for my pigmentation skin over the years and nothing helped.
A month or two ago I went for laser. But after that it look as it was worse.
So someone at work told me rather to go to see a dermatologist. Medical aid pays I never knew. He also told me that laser treatment make it worse. After examining my skin, he prescribe a few ointments that the chemist had to mix together and you only put it on at night.
He as well as the chemist warned me that it will burn my face. ft it happens I must stop it for a while. It will take all the old skin off.
Now after almost 3 weeks I can see how this cream is starting the work. It' s almost like having sunburn and after a while that skin comes off. It' s definitely working. The burning sensation is starting now under my eyes so I will avoid those areas for a while. But I can really see the difference. The cream doesn' t have a name...hie hie...so I can' t even tell you what so you will have to go an see a dermatologist.

Hope the info is useful.

Reply to Whinlen Petersen
Posted by: BUSI | 2009-09-09

i want something that can remove the blemishes on my face, i tried lot of things, i even went to different dermatologists and still i can not remove them. i have taken roaccutane for 6months and it didnt work. i really need help

Reply to BUSI