Question
Posted by: zu | 2010/08/02

skin peels for 30 year olds

hi

i am a 32 year old indian female who has recently " acquired"  some scars on my face as a result of couple bad pimples. i am looking to get rid of them and was advised to go for a skin peel... firstly would this be a correct option and secondly does the skin peel hasten the skin ageing process. i look forward to your advise.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Zu, thank you for the question.

Chemical peels are indicated for the improvement of pigmentation, scarring, and as an anti-ageing tool (due to the increased production of collagen and elastin).

The effect of the peel on pigmentation is dependent on the type of chemical used. One can divide peels into 3 main groups: superficial (glycolic acid), medium depth (20% TCA), and deep (Phenol). Please check my web page (www.dralek.co.za) and type the word chemical peels in the search function for further information on the different types of peels, there uses, and downtime. The more superficial the chemical peel the longer it will take for results to become visible and irrespective on the route you choose your first line of defense is a good SPF (50 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide) applied several times daily.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/08/10

Hi Zu, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert