Question
Posted by: Jo | 2010-09-03

Skin peel

Hi Doc, Im Indian and been using Hydroquinone which my dermatologist put me on, can i still have a skin peel, or is there a period that i should stop using the hydroquinone for and then go for the peel?
I also want to stop using the hydroquinone because my skin gets too dry and i have been using it for 3 months now the only thing is that its helping with the slight pigmentation i have after using Pure Perfect for 3 weeks(with a disastrous effect) I shouldnt have even started all these things since my skin was so lovely but after using all these strong creams my skin has deteriorated. I want to use something that will help with the pigmentation and give me slight brightening effect.
I have used Depiderm before all this and it was quite nice didnt do much brightening tho. Is Depiderm better in the sense it has less chemicals and will do less harm to my skin?
Many thanks for all your valuable advice!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Jo, thank you for the question and it is my pleasure.

You would need to stop the Hydroquinone for 2 weeks or until all skin reactions have completely settled before undergoing a superficial peel. I would consider the NeoStrata peeling system with clarifying booster pads as it has been provenb to be safe on all skin types. An extremely effective pigment cream that will also make the skin look brighter is Lumixyl and is only available at doctor’s rooms such as dermatologists and aesthetic medical practitioners.

2
Posted by: avashni govender | 2011-01-20

have slight pigmentation is depiderm safe to use? 41year

Reply to avashni govender
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010-09-05

Reply to anti-ageing expert