Question
Posted by: Jess | 2010/07/22

skin pains

Hi Doctor
for a while now i have been suffering with pain in my skin but only when i bump any body parts mistakely on sharp obejcts or accidents like that, my skin pains even a while after the incident. i also noticed if a have an injection, the needle sometimes bruises my vein and the area pains for a few days..... what could be the cause of this?

Hi Jess
You may have a hypersensitive skin or underlying fibromialgia - it may help to take a low dose tricyclic antidepressant - it sounds strange I know but TAD's has an effect on the pain pathways, making the sensitivity less. Discuss with your doctor.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/22

Hi Jess