Posted by: Jasper | 2009-08-24

skin on feet peeling off

The skin over my whole feet peels off. This is quite embarressing to go in public like this.

Why is this and how can it be cured.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Jasper

It could be a kind of contact dermatitis, where your skin is being irritated by something. This could be material used in your socks, shoes or even the soap you use. It could also be a skin infection such as tinea pedis (athlete's foot). I suggest you wash your feet well then rinse then a couple of times in clean water. If the skin peeling is accompanied by bad odour, it could be an infection. In this case I suggets you use Lamisil to treat it. If this does not work, see a dermatologist.

Posted by: Jasper | 2009-09-25

Lamisal does not work.

I started using Ingrans camphor cream about 3 weeks ago and my feet have not peeled again.

Reply to Jasper