Posted by: Nicky | 2009-01-09

Skin Lightenener

Hi Doc.
Can you please advise, my boyfrnd has a tan complexion but it has darkenened as a result of not using sun block when going out into the sun.What i would like to know is if these skin lightening creams work? What can he use to lighten the skin?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Nicky, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my answer.

Your best option is for your boyfriend to consult with a dermatologist who can examine the skin and advise him on the best skin lightening creams to use. If the darkening has predominantly occurred on certain body parts one may consider hydroquinone together with NeoStrata Skin Brightening Cream SPF 15 and Pigmentation Lightening cream. He should also consider using a good sun block on a daily basis.