Question
Posted by: Nozie | 2008/10/06

Skin itch

Hi there,

I gave birth seven months to a baby boy. Previous to my pregnancy, I never took any vitamin supplement and had to while I was pregnant. After I gave birth I stopped taking the vitamin supplements and ever since, my body itches and it is quite annoying. I do not know what is causing it but it get worst just before I sleep or change clothing. I put lotion to soothe it until I sleep. What could be causing this irritating itch?

Dear Nozi
Itchy skin can sometimes be a sign of liver problems if there are no rashes/redness. Please let your doctor check with a urine test and a blood test for liver functions.