Posted by: Worsie-worries | 2009-01-29

Skin Irritation on dacshund

My dogs suffer from skin irritation/allergy. Every 2-3 months it comes back. I' ve been to several vets and receive anti-biotics and cortisone - but nothing works. I' ve also tried zinc ointment, zambuck, fungus cream - their fever rises and then the skin irritation starts. Today the infected areas are about as big as an old R1 and turns yellow. Do you have any information on how to cure this?

Dear Worsie-worsies

Please read reply to Ekseem post.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-01-29

And stop going to several vets. Skin problems can be very difficult to diagnose - if a vet doesn' t get it right first shot, it' s by no means his fault. The next vet will have to start the process all over again, and in the end all you do is waste time and money.

Reply to Chill