Posted by: tf | 2012-06-08

skin irritation

Round about this time each year I get a breakout on my skin. It starts as a very itchy spot but once scratched gets aggressive and spreads as a rough patch with red border. I have been to the doctor who treated it as ringworm, but the medication did not help. Last year it appeared on both my legs just above the knee. This year its on my stomach. It is still very itchy and is inflamed when hot water while showering. Cortizone usually helps but I have already had three days of taking it and the problem seems to have improved but is still not gone. I rub Mylocort on each night but I''m already on my second tube. Please tell me what the problem could be and advise me on how to cure this discomfort. Thank you so much

It is possible that you are suffering from some form of allergic dermatitis. You will have to consult a dermatologist for a clear diagnosis and treatment.