Posted by: Wondering | 2009-05-05

Skin irritation

The las 2 months I tend to have an itchyness at my vagina. I am a very hygenic person, and don' t have sex with my boyfriend, though we have oral sex. We normally would shower or bath before start kissing ect. and then sleep, why do I expreience this irritation and I am very ashamed, but once I got a pimple on the inside of my vagina?Can you please help me?The irritation dissapeared after four of five days.

I have a number of ideas about what this could be:
1) if you are very hygene conscious, and especially before oral sex (i.e. you use more), it could be that you are killing the natural healthy bacteria that are meant to be around the vulva/vagina and in so doing create an imbalance which could result in itching. Perfumed or strong soaps are not good for cleaning the genitals, so try something gentler like aqueous soap, sunlight soap, or even just water.
2) it could be that you have been wearing tight panties/trousers preventing your vulval area from cooling down - a warm moist environment is ideal for fungal growth and this is itchy...women need to wear looser fitting panties/trousers to allow airflow/cooling in the genital area
3) if you have any other symptoms like an unusual discharge (e.g. lumpy, smelly, yellowy/green), or other pimples/blisters then you could have a sexually transmitted infection although this seems unlikely if you have only ever had oral sex...Have this checked out at a clinic/doctor if you do have any other symptoms.