Posted by: Lerato | 2009-03-04

Skin Infection

I recently went to see my doctor because a had a bruise on my lower left leg which my doctor diagnosed as a spider or mosquito bite. a week later i had a blister next to the affected area, my leg was red, had a heat sensation.went back to the doctor, he diagnosed it as Cellulitis, i' ve been taking anti-Biotics and dressing the affected area with Bactobran, Gous and putting bandage on it .although its not painfull anymore, it is itchy and I' m not sure if the wounds are getting better or not (dont know how they are supposed to look like when they healing). I am planning to see my doc again on friday,
What could be wrong? how is Cellulitis treated?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Lerato

Antibiotics are the way to treat cellulitis, when it is better there should be no pain, swelling should be going down or gone and the temperature of the skin should have returned to normal. However, going back to your doctor to be sure is the best way to check this.

Posted by: 58 year old male | 2009-03-30

28 year old wound on inner ankle. Became infected as it often does. Now red and warm surrounding skin. Getting last of 5 x 2ml anti-biotics intravenious injection tommorow. Red Cellulitis seem to become bigger. Is it the right treatment?

Reply to 58 year old male