Question
Posted by: Omickepipliff | 2010/09/14

Skin health maintenance

I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health maintenance.
I used to have acute acne problem in my teen-age years. I still have breakout sometimes. I had used almost every single thing on m face to get rid of acne. My skin has lost the smoothness. I understand I cannot make up for the past. But is there any way I can take care of it from now on. I mean so that my skin looks soft/fresh.

Also I have kind of black circle around my lip and chin. I think I have combination skin. Can you please help me with these all?
And suggest me a good skin care product with the ways to use them properly.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Omickepipliff, thank you for the question. Where does Omickepipliff come from?

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one needs to examine the skin and even perform a VISIA skin analysis to decide on the best treatment option.

We have had very good results with the NeoStrata range for oily and acne prone skin and specifically improving the outbreaks, smoothing the skin (textural improvements), reduction of pores, anti-ageing effects, and pigmentation improvement.

I would consider the following (it would be better to get advice from the doctor’s rooms you purchase the products from):

Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 15 – morning application
Pigment Lightening Gel – morning application
Clarifying Face Cleanser – twice daily
Oil Control Gel – evening
Biohydrating Cream – evening
Depigmenting Cream - evening

2
Posted by: Natasha | 2010/09/27

Hi Doc,

Wonder if you can help me out with a referral of a good dermatologist in JHB North area or some strong advice on a good product. I am 30 and since I went on the pill about 5 years ago I have developed terrible pigmentation on my forehead, around my eyes and lips. I have changed my prescription about 4 times and am on Minnes at the moment which they say is the lightest. I have tried Bio-oil, Dermologica for pigmentation (and I am currently using their cleanser, toner, face cream and lip and eye cream) and I have tried Lumedia from Metropolitan as well which cost me a fortune. It did not take it away but I am sure it was lighting it and at R1200 per bottle (it did last 12 months so not so bad) I found something that I thought could work but now it is discontinued and I am back to square one.

I don''t just want to go on any product but something that really could work. And I wont be able to afford over a R1000 for a bottle of something that only last me 3 months and does not show the results it should. So hence why I am looking for some advice or hoping that maybe a dermatologist could help me out.

It is terrible having random people ask me, Sjoe, have you been on holiday or something that you got burnt like that. Like they constantly think I am peeling after a long lovely holiday. Don''t mind the holiday but sjoe.....

Please help.

Reply to Natasha
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/09/19

Clarifying Face Cleanser – twice daily
Oil Control Gel – evening
Biohydrating Cream – evening
Depigmenting Cream - evening

Reply to anti-ageing expert