Question
Posted by: Ralph | 2010/11/09

Skin Disorder

Hi Doc,

I have this problem with my skin on my back, chest and shoulders where little black spots form on the underneath layers. Its not a rash or anything as its been occuring for a long time now. Thought it was hives but I don''t think so. Just gets worst when I''m under stress I''ve noticed. Is there a possible diagnosis and treatment for this? Haven''t been able to find anything on the site.

Kind regards,
Ralph

Hallo Ralph
Do you think it could be blackheads? Blackheads are blocked oil glands, the oil reacts with oxygen and causes small dark spots that can be squeezed out. It is a type of acne and may increase with stress. It may help to use an antiseptic soap and something like oxy 10 lotion on the area.
dr Bets

3
Posted by: CD again | 2010/11/10

Hi Ralph
It could be lentiges a type of skin disorder of melanin (freckles). Rather let your GP have a look to see if you need referral to a dermatologist. Some diseases like Addisons or Peutz Jegher syndrome causes multiple lentiges all over the body. It''s so difficult to guess what it could be if you can''t see it!
dr Bets

Reply to CD again
Posted by: Ralph | 2010/11/10

No its not blackheads as its in the underlayers of the skin. blackheads occur on the surface. They occur on my upper arms as well. Colouration is brown on the arms though and get darker on the chest and back. Its common I''ve seen it on some people but I don''t know what it is or how to treat it.

Reply to Ralph
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/09

Hallo Ralph
dr Bets