Posted by: judy | 2012-02-22

skin condition

I have a spaniel who has a skin condition. He gets bathed every three weeks. But he scrathes a lot. He only eats Pedigree pellets or Woolworths pellets and gets 5 or 6 Beenos a day. Is his diet suffecient. He does not have any hair left on his stomach and the inside of his legs. His skin is very dry, and if I put on some lotion I bought he licks it of. how can I help my dog?

Hi Judy

I would advise that you take your beloved Spaniel to your local Vet and have him/her look at the skin. It is difficult to say what the condition is without having a visual appraisal of the problem. It could be an allergy that is augmented by a bacterial/fungal infection e.t.c. The vet may suggest doing a skin scrape/change diet/anti-inflammatories/antibiotics and/or a skin biopsy to determine what the problem is.

Kind regards
Angus Campbell

Posted by: STEPH | 2012-03-07

if you live in the durban area go see the vet jane fraser. i had the same issue with my dogs and after years of unsuccesful treatment from vets i tried jane , she is a homeopath vet. my dogs have never looked better, not a day of itching since i saw her and that was about 6 years ago!!

Reply to STEPH