Question
Posted by: Des | 2008/09/25

Skin care for men

hi Doc,

I am currently using the Loreal range. I have used Lab Series, clinique and clarins before.

I am a 30 year old Indian male and wanted to know which ranges have the best anti-ageing results especially to avoid dark circles and wrinkles around the eyes and good night cream?

What sort of skin care routine should i be following at my age to preserve a youthful appearance for as long as possible?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Des, thank you for the question.

I am a firm believer in a good SPF (must contain zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide) and alphahydroxy acids, particularly glycolic acid, as a building block for an anti-ageing regime. For improved benefits you should add antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin A or one of its derivatives, Prevage MD, and glycolic acid peels. Vitamin K will help with dark circles if they are caused by hemoglobin (pigment of red blood cells).

Your best approach to prevent wrinkles from appearing is to consider Botox, particularly around the eyes, and for the frown and forehead areas.

I would look at product ranges such as NeoStrata, Nimue, Environ, etc. NeoStrata will offer you one of the highest concentrations of glycolic acid and active ingredients and is only found at doctors who stock the product range.