Question
Posted by: dollies | 2008/10/20

Skin care 51 years and older

I am 51 years old, white with a combination skin. I hardly ever used any creams on my face and neck - only water and sometimes soap to clean the face. Recently i have notice that there is appearing fine lines and wrinkels on my face and neck.
What routine and producs would you should sugggest? I dont have a lot of money availeble and most of the items is very expensive. Please give brand names wich will be suitable cause i dont think i can stand in the shop with your list of essentials to see if it is prensent in a certain product - the salespersons will get annoyed at me!!!!.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Dollies, thank you for the question.

I am a firm believer in glycolic acid (as you know) for a number of reasons. I also believe that NeoStrata offer an excellent range which is good value for money. However, similar ingredients can be found in Environ, Nimue, etc. but I am not sure of the prices. In the NeoStrata range my suggestion is as follows:
Clarifying Facial Cleanser: twice daily
Ultra Day Time Smoothing Cream SPF 15: day
Bionic Face Cream: night

The above regime is a basic but excellent regime in getting all the topical essentials necessary. I would add a SPF 30 or higher to be applied several times daily especially through our summer.