Skin care

I have started a diet and exercise programme 3 months ago and i am really enjoying it, I wanted to find out what would be the best lotion/moisturise to use on my skin to prevent further strech marks as I want to lose about 40KG, I have lost more than 10KG to date by seeing a biokineticist.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anonymous, thank you for the question.

Congratulations on the weight loss and I wish you all the best for the rest of the program. My advice would be to use a body cream that contains glycolic acid and anti-oxidants (NeoStrata Ultra Smoothing Body Lotion) but one may still develop stretch marks in certain areas. If they do start appearing one can consider using an at home needling roller (Environ or Dermaheal) that you can use on the areas of concern as this will allow for deeper penetration of topical creams and to a small degree stimulate collagen and elastin production.