Posted by: Andy | 2008-10-30

Skin Cancer

Hi there,

About a year and a half ago, I was diagnosed with a basal cell carcinoma, located at my eyebrow. Exactly a year ago, I underwent a Mohs surgery and it was 98% successfully removed. Unfortunately, I have lost half my eyebrow through this surgery.

I am now looking at perhaps having permanent make-up applied to recreate an eyebrow.

Is this a possibility after the Mohs surgery? I am worried that it could in any way ' activate'  a cancer cell that may have been left behind?

I look forward to your response.

Many thanks,

Dear Andy
I wonder if a plastic surgery procedure won't look more natural and be safer. Permanent makeup is actually a kind of tattoo and may irritate the skin in the area?
dr Bets