Question

Skin Allergy

Since i moved from Jhb to Cpt i have developed a skin allergy. I went to see a dermo doc who have done various allergy tests which all came back as negative... all he could tell me was that my allergy might be triggered by dust mites and dust... once a month my body would develop pimples and rashes on the same spot of by body (legs, arms, lower back and stomach)but leaving dark marks afterwards. Is there any type of tablet i can use to prevent the allergy or pimples occuring again?? at the moment i am using adco-cetirizine to take the itching away....as most nights i can' t fall asleep because of the itching....
Please advise, as this is really affecting me......

Expert ImagePharmacist

The antihistamine you are taking should help - I do however suggest swithing to Deselex, an anthistamine preferred for skin conditions. Your doctor may need to prescribe something stronger - Steroid treatment may even be needed at some stage if no improvement is seen.