Posted by: Mike | 2012-02-09

Hi a few years back I felt ,what felt like a thorn which had broken off on my thigh,it was like a numb itchy feeling,another two have appeared,and my thigh has a constant burning itching feeling,if I touch the skin it feels hard and dead.What could this be and how can I relieve this feeling?Pls advise.

I am uncertain about the cause for your symptoms and I therefore, suggest that you consult a doctor for an examination of the area. Trauma with fat necrosis under the skin can be a possible cause for your symptoms. It is not something to be too concerned about but severe fat necrosis can cause cancer of the subcutaneous tissue and is therefore, advisable to consult your doctor as soon as possible.