Question
Posted by: Tamsin | 2011-02-22

Skin

Hi there,

I am a 25yr old female and have some freckles and acne scarring on my face (I have fair skin) - are there any face creams which you could suggest that I may you to lighten the freckles and scars?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Tamsin, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would like to examine the skin before deciding on the best treatment regime/options. Generally speaking we have had good results with lightening pigmentation (freckles) and acne scarring using a good SPF (Heliocare SPF 50) that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide and the NeoStrata range of products:

Ultra Smoothing Cream
Brightening Cream SPF 15
Pigment Lightening Gel
Renewal Cream

If the above does not improve the appearance of the skin one may need to consider adding superficial chemical peels (glycolic acid) and using IPL or fractional skin resurfacing technologies.