Question
Posted by: PRISCILLA | 2010/11/17

SKIN

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO HA RHEINARDTS DISEASE (NOT QUITE SURE OF THE SPELLING). SHE CANNOT WEAR ANY JEWELLERY BECAUSE HER SKIN GETS A RASH ON HER SKIN AND IT ITCHES. SHE ALSO GETS RASHES OVER HER BODY AND LEGS. SHE WENT TO DOCTOR AND HE SAID SHE HAS RHEINARDTS DISEASE AND GAVE HER CREAMS TO USE. THEY ALSO DO NOT HELP. SHE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IS THE DISEASE AND WHAT ELSE COULD SHE TRY TO ALLEVIATE THE ITCH. SHE ALSO CANNOT WEAR HER WEDDING RING BECAUSE HER SKIN GOES BLACK AND ALSO A BATTLE TO DO WASHING. PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME BY TRYING TO HELP HER.

Hallo Priscilla
It sounds to me as if she develops eczema and have a sensitivity to metals. She may need to see a dermatologist as they may need to do allergy tests and prescribe long term treatment. If she has a sensitivity to metals, wearing pure gold may help as this usually do not cause rashes. Often the rash under the wedding ring develops because water and soap stays behind when you wash your hands, which irritates the skin - so she should try to dry her hands very well after washing them and ensure that water is not caught under the ring. She should also try to use Dove or Elizabeth Anne Baby shampoo as a soap instead of normal soap.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/17

Hallo Priscilla